Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Gentian Violet Top.

7/13/2014 4:55:29 PM

Reviewer: 0-2 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
I love this stuff. I first used it for yeast on my 1 and 3 year old. I used it again thinking thats what my 1 year old had after antibiotic. Come to find out it was hands foot and mouth I painted her body with it and the sores and rash were clearing up with in 2 days. My 3 year old is now breaking out into the rash I painted her with it and the next its clearing up.

7/2/2014 1:23:29 AM

Reviewer: CW, 75 or over Female (Patient)

Comment:
When I was a child (I am in my late 70's now) my mother always used this for cat scratches and minor wounds. Never had any kind of infection when mom put "purple" on it. I still use it when my old cat gets careless and scratches me.

10/26/2013 2:25:40 PM

Reviewer: plazaford43, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Used to treat mouth ulcers. Those little white bumps on the tounge.

1/23/2013 9:28:05 PM

Reviewer: Pauline, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
Got a recipe of 16oz rubbing alcohol, 2 tbsp boric acid and 15 drops gentian violet. My daughters dog had nasty ear i nfections where he rubbed his ears til they were raw and bleeding. We flooded his ears twice a day for 2 weeks then once aday for 1 week then once a month. No more infections at all and that was 2 months ago.Thinking of trying on my husbands toe nail fungus

10/31/2012 12:47:23 PM

Reviewer: jfaulk, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a doctor in the UK use a tampon soaked in gentian violet for a yeast infection that I had. It worked overnight, unlike the more specifically-targeted anti-yeast infection medication, although I would likely find it too messy to try myself.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.