Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of gentian violet Top.

7/2/2014 1:23:29 AM

Reviewer: CW, 75 or over Female (Patient)

Comment:
When I was a child (I am in my late 70's now) my mother always used this for cat scratches and minor wounds. Never had any kind of infection when mom put "purple" on it. I still use it when my old cat gets careless and scratches me.

10/26/2013 2:25:40 PM

Reviewer: plazaford43, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Used to treat mouth ulcers. Those little white bumps on the tounge.

1/23/2013 9:28:05 PM

Reviewer: Pauline, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
Got a recipe of 16oz rubbing alcohol, 2 tbsp boric acid and 15 drops gentian violet. My daughters dog had nasty ear i nfections where he rubbed his ears til they were raw and bleeding. We flooded his ears twice a day for 2 weeks then once aday for 1 week then once a month. No more infections at all and that was 2 months ago.Thinking of trying on my husbands toe nail fungus

10/31/2012 12:47:23 PM

Reviewer: jfaulk, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a doctor in the UK use a tampon soaked in gentian violet for a yeast infection that I had. It worked overnight, unlike the more specifically-targeted anti-yeast infection medication, although I would likely find it too messy to try myself.

7/17/2011 1:21:47 PM

Reviewer: farmgirl, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I live in Utah and have allergies especially from the fields and hay. Last year I started to have horrible pain in my ears and sore throat. After going to Ear,nose doc twice he finally found a hole in my left ear. No Medication worked. The wise doctor painted the area in my ear with Gentian Violet and by the next day, no pain. The doctors fees $$$$. Gentian Violet from the pharmacy is worth millio ... Show Full Comment