Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Flolan IV.

1/24/2011 10:00:58 PM

Reviewer: vikingscool, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is best life-saving drug to Pulmonary Hypertension. I using Flolan since February 2001. I had jaw pain when I started eating, then it goes away when I continue eating. Rarely, I have been flushing or hot flashes up to 5 times per year. Yet, Flolan is very worth life-saver drug.

12/1/2010 1:28:34 PM

Reviewer: dcbeauty25, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter was diagnosed at age 5 with PH. We started out with just oral medication that was giving us no improvement, we moved to remodulion sub q pump and she couldn't do that either so we switched to Flolan and now 5 years later we finally received our 1st good report from Echo Test and Clinical Test. I am looking forward to the new Flolan that does not require to be on ice.

5/28/2010 12:48:56 AM

Reviewer: TDK, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I am currently caring for my mother who was diagnosed with PAH and RH failure 18mths ago. This is our last hope and so far it seems to be working the worst part is being responsible for the administration of the Flolan and ensuring there are no air bubbles. Family support is essential to get a family through this type of commitment.

5/14/2010 10:37:13 PM

Reviewer: lady in kc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I AM A WIFE OF 35 YRS, MOTHER OF 2 . LIVING A NORMAL LIFE, WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 4 PPH. WAS PUT ON FLOLAN AND RIGHT AWAY NOTICED A DIFFRERANCE.. AND AFTER HEARING DIFFERANT COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE THE ONE FACTOR THAT I HAVENT HEARD FROM HERE IS FAMILY SUPPORT.. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SUPPRT FROM LOVED ONES I CANT IMAGINE GETTING THROUGH IT ALONE. I NEVER EVEN KNEW WHAT A NG/KG/MIN WAS UNTILL ... Show Full Comment

4/20/2010 7:51:15 PM

Reviewer: Walterick1949@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
Flolan was given to my husband in April 2008, but he was already getting close to end stage pulmonary hypertension. It seemed to help initially, but then an RN was told to administer a sleeping drug. He did so by interrupting the Flolan for about 5-6 minutes. This is unacceptable. Flolan must be given on a continuous basis. My husband may not have lived because of Flolan, but we know that he d ... Show Full Comment