Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Niaspan Extended-Release Oral.

5/12/2012 12:44:20 AM

Reviewer: Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
DRUG IS VERY EXPENSE. IT HAD NO AFFECT ON MY CHOLESTEROL & TRIGLYCERIDE LEVEL. ALSO BROKE OUT WITH A RASH, WHICH CLEARED UP AFTER A WEEK WITHOUT THIS MEDICINE.

4/26/2012 2:48:50 PM

Reviewer: tennis nut, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
the flushing is the only side effect that I have noticed. It is effective in reducing cholesterol. The price is the only downside.

3/6/2012 11:53:22 AM

Reviewer: Rebel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took a 500 mg dose for 3 weeks. I developed a rash on my face that I did not immediately associate with this medication. This past weekend, I had a "flushing" episode. Flushing is not a strong enough word to use. I thought I was having a stroke. Out of nowhere, I felt like I was burning from the inside out. Severe redness and swelling on my entire upper body. Dry heaves and nausea ... Show Full Comment

12/16/2011 4:50:05 PM

Reviewer: Bob, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After about three months on this medication I experienced severe itching on both forearms when my arms were exposed to sunlight for as little as 15 seconds. All symptoms disappeared about a week after I stopped taking Niaspan. Two weeks later I started up again and the itching immediately returned. I have been off this medication for several months now and my arms are Fine. I have not seen any ... Show Full Comment

8/13/2011 11:02:25 PM

Reviewer: Elaine, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
tonight was my first time taking this medication. After reading the reviews I did not know it is so expensive, I am unable to take statins I get too much pain in my legs Thanks for the appelsauce thing I am gona go get some tomorrow I go for my first appt with a cardiologist in a month so I really hope this works for me I have a huge hx of heart desease in family.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.