Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of tamoxifen oral.

6/28/2008 7:31:33 PM

Reviewer: GoGo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am now 48. Five years ago I started taking Tamoxifen. 3 days ago I got done with my 5 years. During the 5 years I have had joint pain I have not felt like I had energy to do much, I had really bad hot flashes. Would I take it again and go though 5 years of this.... YES!!! 3 days ago I stopped taking Tamoxifen and I am already starting to feel better. I was told that I should feel like a new woma ... Show Full Comment

6/22/2008 2:59:27 PM

Reviewer: ginlee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am 51 and had lumpectomy in June 07 and had 7 weeks of radiation. Have been on Tamoxifen for 7 months. Had slight hot flashes for a few months but have since subsided. No other symptoms at the moment.

6/11/2008 7:34:47 AM

Reviewer: Dianne, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had a mastectomy and tram flap reconstruction as a result of infiltrating lobular cancer July2007. Began tamoxifen 9 months ago To date have experienced minor foot cramps and mild flushes. I was however waking every 2 hoursthoughout the night as the diuretic effects of the drug took effect. I changed from night time medicating to morning and have since experienced much better sleeping patterns.

5/24/2008 11:18:01 PM

Reviewer: daryack, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Diagnosed 2/07 with DCIS stg 1. Her2/neu positive receptor posit. Recurrance test 70% it would return. Lump/chemo/Radiation. Been on Tamox 6 months. Pins/needles type hot flashes went away after 90 days what a relief. Feet/Leg cramps severe. Started exercising 4weeks into radiation. Now training for a marathon but have noticed belly weight gain the more I exercise. Will talk with Dr at next vi ... Show Full Comment

5/16/2008 7:42:58 PM

Reviewer: Lweiher, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed at age 44 with early stage breast cancer..had lumpectomy and radiation..I was on Tamoxifen for 5 years 2003-2008 and went through hot flashes and some vagingal discharge, but the worst side effect for me was joint pain...mostly in my hands, but sometimes wrists, elbows and shoulders...since my last pill, I have had no significant joint pain. I am pre-menupausal (sp?) whether that ... Show Full Comment