Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of meclizine Oral.

8/11/2008 7:19:32 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
was diagnosed with vertigo and was put on 25 mg. of meclizine for a week then dropped to 12.5 mg. it worked great all but the side effect of a urine problem as a side effect.Doc. said to stop the med. he would like to have me be a little dizzy than to have urinary problems. will see how long it takes to get rid of the med. from the body.

8/6/2008 4:41:01 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I use it for bouts of vestibular neuronitis, which is usually mild but once in a while severe. Symptoms (acute dizziness mostly, rarely nausea and profuse sweating) usually subside in an hour or so.

7/2/2008 8:44:25 PM

Reviewer: zman, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I used this medicine for vertigo. It is somewhat effective but I had to use it several times before it starts working. However the side effect (drousiness) was severe do I discountinues the medicine.

7/1/2008 3:39:17 AM

Reviewer: Tim, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
4 days of this! Hate it! I was diagnosed with an ear infection. I had three bouts with vertigo, but no hearing problems per se. Prescribed MECLIZINE @ Two 12.5 mg 3X a day. Probably too much. I was also prescribed Sulfamethoxazole for the infection. I seem to of gotten some of the rarer side effects: dizziness (to the point of not being able to leave my house, can't drive, lack of coordi ... Show Full Comment

6/11/2008 10:55:01 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Meclizine was given to me to control a spinning sensation that I was having after discontinuing another drug. I had extreme sleepiness, in the morning my eye lids were swollen and the same with my lower lip sticking out and swollen. I feel like I have a hang over. I had a hard time sleeping, lots of tossing and turning and my legs seem to be aching. My eyes are also watering.I seem to be very irr ... Show Full Comment