Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of meclizine oral.

5/2/2008 7:58:00 PM

Reviewer: Nesnah38, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with Vertigo and it was ruining my life. I went nowhere alone and had to seriously restrict my activities. My doctor prescribed this medication (12.5 mg every 6 hours) and it has been like a miracle. Now feeling totally normal again. It gave me back my life!

4/28/2008 12:24:11 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It takes away the dizziness but makes you sleepy as ever. I took one while at work and now its hard for me to keep my eyes open. I tried taking it so i wouldn't be dizzy at work and it just made me sleepy as heck. Not good. I wil not take this agian at work. Maybe before I go to bed. I will try that and tell you what it was like later.

4/27/2008 9:25:17 PM

Reviewer: sjbishop, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I have ringing in my ears and when my allergies are really bad it gets louder. Sometimes an antihistamine like this helps with not only the dizziness I get but also the ringing seems to be less noticeable.

4/23/2008 4:18:24 PM

Reviewer: Dever, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had temporary vertigo/nausea associated with "floaters" (benign positional vertigo)in my right ear. Medication greatly improved discomforts until condition cleared. Also, performed a prescribed exercise, the "Modified Epley Maneuver," which helps move debris to the ear's canal exit.

4/23/2008 2:21:08 PM

Reviewer: Evelyn , 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 36 years old, diagnosed with vertigo. I've been taking it (25 mg) with food in the morning, since it doesn't let me sleep at night. It has definitely worked for me. :)