Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lamotrigine oral.

11/8/2015 12:04:44 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    After quite a few years of a misdiagnosis and treatment for depression and/or ADD, I was accurately diagnosed with bipolar disorder and prescribed Lamotrigine. I have been taking 300mg for almost 10 years now, and I am thrilled with the level of stability I have experienced over these years. Overall I'm very happy with my experience with this medication.

10/15/2015 11:40:23 PM

Reviewer: Zach, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This is the first medication that has truly worked for my bipolar. Beforehand, I had bounced around many SSRI's and Anti-psychotics all to no avail. My psychiatrist finally decided to start me on Lamotrigine and since then, my quality of life has significantly improved. I now take 300mg/day and am very impressed with the results.

4/26/2015 7:17:44 AM

Reviewer: Patient , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Went off celexa for anxiety. Slowly worked up to 200 mg. felt like I was going to jump out of my skin with the first 200mg dose. It seems 9 hours after I take it I become very nauseous, and have diarrhea. Wake up out of a dead sleep, feel like I have the stomach flu. Cut down to 100mg, still feeling like that. First they gave me Lamasil (sp) to ease into full strength then the full dose was lamotr ... Show Full Comment

3/13/2015 4:18:54 AM

Reviewer: Fiona, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I am lucky that I have not had any side effects from this medication. For me it took a number of months to build up the effective dosage of 200mg per day. However, despite the improvement due to Lamotrigine my mood (due to Bipolar II) has still been unstable. So now I have just started on Seroquel XR. Good luck and good health to all of you with bipolar disorder and remember MENTAL HEALTH IS TR ... Show Full Comment

11/24/2014 8:31:23 AM

Reviewer: emme, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    After trying several medications that either didn't work or resulted in negative side-effects, lamotrigine has been working for me. The only reason I gave only 4 stars is because I have been at 200mg for less than a month and before I was at 100mg BUT I have noticed a difference with the increased dose and never a side-effect.