Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lamotrigine Oral.

12/25/2013 10:30:41 PM

Reviewer: MadKate, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken Lamotrigine for 12 years now. Most of all, it seems to level my moods. I take 400 mg at bedtime, along with 100mg of Zoloft, and during the day I take 300mg of Welbutrin. I wouldn't say I'm on top of the world, but I am in a stable place. The main concern I have is a side effect no one has reported. If I skip a dose, I start to have fuzzy thinking and feel uncoordinated. If I ... Show Full Comment

11/5/2013 8:55:53 AM

Reviewer: William L R, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Doesn't work for me! Down taking at present to stop entirely. Enough lifetime liver damage although suppose to be ok with liver interaction. Just a piece of advice...IN MY LAY OPINION there is absolutely NO Drug that doesn't somehow effect the liver on different levels. DO NOT let doctors tell you otherwise.

10/19/2013 1:38:53 PM

Reviewer: grammyd, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
After several years of trying other meds, lamotragine/Lamictal was prescribed and it has been life changing. It does take some time for maximum effectiveness but I have been on the same doseage for 7 years with no distructive manic episodes. I also take cymbalta.

10/4/2013 9:01:28 PM

Reviewer: weeza, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
This is the only drug which helps with the depression part of my being Bipolar.. I do take xanax with it for my anxiety..I do believe the brand name drug Lamictal works much better , but my insurance will not pay for it.

9/29/2013 1:05:10 AM

Reviewer: Misselect , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For 15 yrs I was put on to many antidepressants to list. Everyone in my life can tell a huge difference. Part of bipolar is thinking your all better and stopping your meds. Within 2 days I hit a low and can't think rationally. As soon as I am back on it I am level headed. Only bad part is my memory has gotten bad. Could be hormonal though. I had a total hysterectomy. Overall this drug probably ... Show Full Comment