Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lamotrigine oral.

6/18/2016 2:40:51 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder II and Dysthimic Disorder about a month ago and was prescribed Lamictal (Lamotrigine). I'm now taking 100 mg a day and have gradually seen an awesome change. My mood swings aren't as extreme and it's helped a lot with the depressive symptoms as well.

5/1/2016 2:39:45 PM

Reviewer: Trinity, 55-64 on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This is one of the most difficult drugs to stop taking. I've been stepping down from 200mg/day over the last 3 years. 10 mg at a time. Takes a month of feeling like a complete idiot, with lots of drowsiness for me to start feeling better after reducing the dose... then you need another couple of months to restabilize. Glaxo lied in their first data sheet about effectiveness. Turns out that Lam ... Show Full Comment

4/1/2016 11:05:31 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this drug for a year just in the last 3 mos my dose was raise to 250 a day as I began feeling very manic. It has only been a week but feel better. This drug has been my life saver.

3/30/2016 10:18:08 PM

Reviewer: britbrit05tx, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm on week two of 25mg of this pill. In three days I will go up to 50 mg. the only change I've seen in my behavior is that it has gotten worse. I become irritated much easier than I did before I started taking this medication. I was diagnosed with bi polar and anxiety agitation. I hope there is a way to review again once my doses become higher. I'm giving this med a chance in hopes th ... Show Full Comment

1/6/2016 6:01:45 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    BP2. Coming off lithium I found myself more energetic and dynamic. At first I was having some serious suicidal ideation, but that passed. Now the problem is that I'm beset by a feeling of bleakness, on occasion. It's not entirely like depression, being without emotion or fear.