Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lamotrigine oral.

11/10/2008 12:25:02 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
headache and mood change

10/19/2008 8:28:39 AM

Reviewer: catt, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking it this week. So far I have more energy and I smile more with my daughter. I don't want my daughter to see me cry anymore.

10/11/2008 11:29:23 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried a variety of Meds. Most seem to help in the beginning then eventually taper off, causing my doctor to "switch" meds. I have been on lamictal about 6 months now, in combination with effexor, klonopin and trazodone. I felt a drastic improvement with the lamictal @ about 8 weeks time. Continued to be extremely satisfied with the med untill the generic form was released. I still ... Show Full Comment

10/2/2008 2:35:40 PM

Reviewer: henry, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 48 year old male. I had been taking brand name Lamictal since 2005. I was switched to generic Lamotrigine in August 2008. In late September, my left breast became very sensitive. I had a mammogram and ultrasound and everything came back normal. The doctor said the medication I was taking caused my left nipple to become sensitive and it should disappear. But it may come back.

9/1/2008 9:25:59 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
as a 59 yr bi-polar female(over 30 yrs),I recently was switched to the generic version(lamotrigine).Since then,I have suffered depression (again),been agitated,have sore throats,severe headaches.The generic is very BAD for me,as I have severe asthma and allergies also.I stopped it-am calling the psychiatrist.Throwing the lousy generic away.Stay w/the namebrand drug.Period.If I cannot get the name ... Show Full Comment