Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lamotrigine oral.

1/24/2009 11:20:40 AM

Reviewer: kate9, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking lamotrigine for over 2 years and find it immensely helpful for combatting depression. However, my family physician found my immune system ratio is now below normal . I pick up infections more easily and had a severe pneumonia for which I had to be hospitalized. Has anyone had this abnormal blood test?

1/13/2009 8:15:56 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
does not have the same effect as Lamic tal

12/29/2008 9:18:30 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I do not notice a difference with how I feel. I still have depression after taking for a month.

12/28/2008 3:22:49 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 34. Been bipolar for 18 years. Been on 11 different meds. Found Lamotrigine to be the best thing I've ever had, without major side effects. Annoying headaches, fatigue, & weak. Only lasting about 1 week when the dose is increased. But when I started taking the birth control Yaz, I was back at square one. Chased my husband with a knife, cried for everything, throwing tantrums like a ... Show Full Comment

12/15/2008 1:05:28 AM

Reviewer: will, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking lamictal for mood swings and depression.It had no side effects. It worked very well. It was a very expensive drug. When I switched to generic-the effectivness went down hill really quick. I wish I could afford the name brand. It WAS working really well for me. I would give the name brand a very high rating, and the generic a "0".