Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Cholestyramine Light Oral.

1/10/2013 1:30:22 PM

Reviewer: AM, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have suffered with chronic diahrrea for much of my life. It got worse after gall bladder surgery. I thought that this medication would be the answer to my prayers, and for the first three months or so it was. Now my diahrrea has come back and I am going to try two packets a day to see if it will help.

10/16/2012 9:42:36 PM

Reviewer: CW, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This drug has changed my life. After 20 years of chronic diarrhea, I was finally diagnosed with bile salt malabsorption. I was prescribed one packet per day to start and after approximately 5 days it began working and my diarrhea was a thing of the past! I cannot describe how much better I feel and how liberating it is not to have to know where the bathroom is located everytime you go somewhere ... Show Full Comment

10/4/2012 9:22:43 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have not had diarrhea since I started this.

3/16/2012 1:29:08 PM

Reviewer: mooie72, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only just picked up my prescription for this drug so I'm not sure how it will work but hoping for the best after having severe IBS for 11 years. After that many years of dreading the trip to the bathroom I'm hoping it will work! Just wondering what time of day is best to take it? I'm on no other meds other than the contraception pill that I take at night.

6/10/2011 3:32:51 PM

Reviewer: hanras, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using the powder for over a year due to colitis. It has been wonderful! I have tried at least 10 other pills and none have worked for my diarrhea but this. It does not cause constipation and I am sensitive to all meds. The only side effect I have had is sensitive teeth.