Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Cholestyramine Light Oral.

3/16/2012 1:29:08 PM

Reviewer: mooie72, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only just picked up my prescription for this drug so I'm not sure how it will work but hoping for the best after having severe IBS for 11 years. After that many years of dreading the trip to the bathroom I'm hoping it will work! Just wondering what time of day is best to take it? I'm on no other meds other than the contraception pill that I take at night.

6/10/2011 3:32:51 PM

Reviewer: hanras, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using the powder for over a year due to colitis. It has been wonderful! I have tried at least 10 other pills and none have worked for my diarrhea but this. It does not cause constipation and I am sensitive to all meds. The only side effect I have had is sensitive teeth.

11/10/2010 7:11:11 PM

Reviewer: wintergarden, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I suffered for years from chronic diarrhea with no relief from other drugs. Some drugs are mood-altering and I am in recovery for awhile now and did not want to relapse. This drug immediately stopped the diarrhea and I can tell if I forgot to take it. Just found out from my doc yesterday it lowers cholesterol, so I am very pleased!!!!!

9/10/2010 1:29:24 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been suffering with diarrhea for at least 8 months everytime I ate something. Been to my regular dr. with no results after numerous tests. Referred to Gastro and was perscribed this only after talking with him and that I had my galbladder removed 14 yrs ago. Scheduled for a colonoscopy and in the mean time started with this just after the 1st time I took it I was amazed that it worked. Had m ... Show Full Comment

8/23/2010 12:00:39 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture