Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synvisc IAtc.

4/10/2012 2:28:15 PM

Reviewer: Pilotwifesan, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had the Synvisc One injection on a Friday, 11 days ago around 10:30am, by 2:00am I was miserable, my knee was (is) HUGE & I couldn't bend or straighten it. Sunday morning my husband all but had to carry me to the car & take me to the ER. They gave me pain meds for the pain & I followed up Monday with surgeon, he aspirated my knee & sent me on my way. Today I am also experienc ... Show Full Comment

3/21/2012 3:25:26 PM

Reviewer: noniemonie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 52 year old female, with knee damage to both knees from years of being a letter carrier. I have had a total of 10 surgeries between both knees. Four weeks ago, my surgeon started the injections, 5 once a week. The first one was very painful, but after a few days I was hopeful this treatment would work. The second injection was almost pain free and my pain levels were starting to decrease. A ... Show Full Comment

3/15/2012 5:20:23 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had injections in both knees at six month intervals for the past two and one half years. I have enjoyed great relief.

3/6/2012 4:57:26 PM

Reviewer: nini, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was given a Synvisc injection in August of 2010 and had immediate great results. I was given a second injection in December 2011 and had VERY painful red, swollen knee results that required draining of my knee. It was drained twice -- 50-70 cc each time. Would I react any differently to Orthovisc? An interesting note: this happened to my sister as well -- same scenario. Allergy?

2/26/2012 9:30:49 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
One ijection in my knee to treat severe chondromalacia patella eased the pain enough so that I could get back to exercising.