Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synvisc Iatc.

2/11/2009 11:27:02 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have OA in both knees, left knee had 3 scops, cortisone shots and synvisc which did not help me at all, end result was total knee replacement in that knee. The synvisc injections were mildly uncomfortable, but tollerable. The drug just did not offer the relief that I was hoping for. I suffered no complications from the injections.

2/11/2009 11:22:03 AM

Reviewer: wolf, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was receiving Synvisc injections once a week for 3 weeks for Meniscus tear. After a 2 week pause I got 3 more injections over 3 week.It reduces my pain for about 3-4 days after an injection. Still experience sharp pain with certain knee movements and even when in bed. The injections are almost painless for me. Synvisc seems to alleviate pain for a short time, but did not cure the cause of my pai ... Show Full Comment

12/25/2008 3:24:02 PM

Reviewer: Michigander, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I got my first series of 3 shots in February,08.I felt the benefit after about 4 weeks and this allowed me to return to my normal activities. The pain returned in November 08 and just had my second series of 3 shots . This time the releif was almost immediate. Taking shots was not a problem at all.

12/20/2008 3:20:34 PM

Reviewer: 505050, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had 3 injection in both kness back in Oct 08 it has givin me great relif from serious knee pain and has givin me the ability to continue working with very little pain. It workes for me.

8/25/2008 11:11:35 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
54 yr old and was told that I needed a knee replacement 4 yrs ago, synvisc has saved me the trouble and pain of knee replacement and I can still do my job as a plumbing contractor. With knee replacement my job would have been in jepardy. I usually get the 3injections approximately every yr and they are somewhat painful but work.