Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synvisc intra-articular.

3/30/2009 10:31:33 AM

Reviewer: pmcd, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is my second time in 6 months having Synvisc. My first series there was not as much pain during injections. This time I am finding the shots very sore. Same Doctor. I am having a much longer time feeling better after each shot. I find that the difference may be that last time I had an athrosope done before to clean it all out. This one has been very painful. I do find the outcome worth ... Show Full Comment

2/11/2009 11:27:02 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have OA in both knees, left knee had 3 scops, cortisone shots and synvisc which did not help me at all, end result was total knee replacement in that knee. The synvisc injections were mildly uncomfortable, but tollerable. The drug just did not offer the relief that I was hoping for. I suffered no complications from the injections.

2/11/2009 11:22:03 AM

Reviewer: wolf, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was receiving Synvisc injections once a week for 3 weeks for Meniscus tear. After a 2 week pause I got 3 more injections over 3 week.It reduces my pain for about 3-4 days after an injection. Still experience sharp pain with certain knee movements and even when in bed. The injections are almost painless for me. Synvisc seems to alleviate pain for a short time, but did not cure the cause of my pai ... Show Full Comment

12/25/2008 3:24:02 PM

Reviewer: Michigander, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I got my first series of 3 shots in February,08.I felt the benefit after about 4 weeks and this allowed me to return to my normal activities. The pain returned in November 08 and just had my second series of 3 shots . This time the releif was almost immediate. Taking shots was not a problem at all.

12/20/2008 3:20:34 PM

Reviewer: 505050, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had 3 injection in both kness back in Oct 08 it has givin me great relif from serious knee pain and has givin me the ability to continue working with very little pain. It workes for me.