Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Venlafaxine HCl Oral.

4/29/2011 8:52:05 PM

Reviewer: brownie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
to feel better

4/25/2011 2:08:57 PM

Reviewer: justme19, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this medication for about a month now. I am uncertain if it makes a difference in my depression. I do know that the first couple of weeks taking it I felt very sick like if I moved I was going to throw up.. that lessened a bit, but I can't sleep at night. I go to bed and then can't sleep until 7 in the morning.

4/14/2011 5:36:52 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have taken Effexor XR for over 7 years now and had to switch to venlafaxine per drug coverage. Also comes in 225mg which drug coverage paid. Seems about the same.

4/10/2011 7:45:45 PM

Reviewer: cjr, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This has been the best antidepressant that I have taken, after years of Prozac, which made me feel too hyper. No side effects, just lowered dosage last week, and I still feel steady and can concentrate.Afraid to stop taking it,as I had many suicidal thoughts before.My doctor said at least a year longer before even thinking about stopping treatment with this drug..it did save my life!

4/10/2011 12:30:47 AM

Reviewer: henry, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
was taking effexor for 7yrs then got switched to venlafaxine as this is the new generic for effexor but i find a big differance venlafaxine for me does not do well for me plus side effets like nervousnus much more pronounced for me i well tell my doctor to switch me back to the name brand effexor and pay the extra money