Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of venlafaxine oral.

10/18/2011 2:09:54 PM

Comment:

Condition: Depression
10/15/2011 5:44:22 PM

Reviewer: pup, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i just started on this med . so far so good .i seem to express myself more than usual .don't know if this is a good thing . i have to be careful sometimes so i don't say the wrong thing .but I feel good about speaking my mind

10/5/2011 12:21:51 PM

Reviewer: Kaitlyn, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on V for about a month and a half after being on Pristiq for a year. Well I can say I havent been depressed since being on V but I also have absolutely NO emotions what so ever. At first I liked it because nothing bothered me but then I realized I didnt enjoy anything either. I didnt care about anything or anyone. I didnt even care about myself. I wasnt depresed sad happy mad or anything. I ... Show Full Comment

9/22/2011 12:03:52 AM

Reviewer: cat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking this for about 5 or 6 years and has made a great improvement. At least I don't want to go blow my head off anymore. Recently though I've been having some anxity problems, don't know if it's the medication or because I have a son in a war zone. Maybe both.Think I better have a disscussion with my Dr.

9/13/2011 10:51:39 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm in my mid 40s and have been on a few different meds. I currently take Buproprion (Wellbrutrin) and Venlafaxine (prescribed because of low cost). This med. makes me extrememly sleepy. I can only take it on Friday afternoons and usually sleep late Saturday morning. During Saturdays, I nap if I don't go outside to work or am up moving around. I can't sit and do any work (search t ... Show Full Comment