Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Venlafaxine HCl Oral.

7/16/2011 10:53:33 AM

Reviewer: elmarven@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this med for about 5 yrs. After my second trial of discontinuing this med, I am experiencing confusion & forgetfullness. I felt better on this medication Is the confusion & forgetfullness part of the withdrawal?? I am a 69 year old female. My dr. was not open to this second trial but consented to 1 90 day refill. I don't like what's happening. Please advise

7/9/2011 12:20:06 PM

Reviewer: dnann, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I took venlafaxine for several years and after not feeling any better my doctor decided to change my medication to a different drug. I did not hear the doctor correctly and when I began to decrease my venlafaxine I did not do it correctly and had severe depression and I was on the brink of a break down. I was unproductive and severely depressed for several days and it took several weeks to becom ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2011 7:33:27 PM

Reviewer: annon, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking this med for depression and anixiety because of the stress that I am under most of the time. Started at 300 mg a day and now down to 150 mg before bed. Helps me sleep through the night. Also taking Bupropion SR (generic Wellburtin)350 mg a day and Xannax 1mg a day. Lost of sex drive from the antidepressants, but helping me deal with the stress.

5/29/2011 5:53:42 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this due to long standing depression. I had tried a few of the popular ones to no improved effect, but now after two months+ on this I am seeing the subtale change for the positive, I had been looking for.

4/29/2011 8:52:05 PM

Reviewer: brownie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
to feel better

man rubbing painful knee