Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of venlafaxine oral.

10/23/2008 10:42:46 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
THIS MED S WONDERFUL FOR ANXIETY. IM STILL N IT BUT IM SCARED TO STOP TAKING IT CASUE ITS DONE MIRACLES FOR ME.

10/9/2008 4:16:58 PM

Reviewer: Carolyn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I`m got to tell you I like this drug. I have my energy back,no more racing thoughts,no more feelings of uselessness,no more anxiety.I`m going through menopause now and have had problems with depression all my life. This drug is a god-send for me. THe side affects are pretty rough but for me it works and my husband noticed it right away,the worry wrinkle on forehead has all but disappeared.

9/28/2008 12:11:53 PM

Reviewer: Carole Lynn, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was initally prescribed Effexor going from 37.5 eventually up to 150. Because of the cost, I quit.....DR then gave me a script for Venlafaxine but I find I'm not as alert as I was on Effexor and I tend to nap in the afternoons now, where I didn't before.

9/24/2008 9:32:39 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed Effexor in October, 2004, as treatment for depression. Began on 37.5 and gradually increased to 150 mg of extended release daily. It has been a major factor in improving my quality of life; experienced some sleepiness initially but that has diminished. I could tell a difference within a week of having started even the lowest dose. Missed two doses due to a stomach virus at ... Show Full Comment

9/18/2008 11:24:00 PM

Reviewer: belllady, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
As a child/teenager I was always depressed. I felt panicked at school like I was going to do/say something wrong & get in trouble. At 38,although I had made it to a supervising position, I still doubted everything I did. I overworked because I never thought I was doing good enough until I finally became so exhausted and lost contact with reality. Hospitalized for 3 weeks I was tried on severa ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture