Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR Oral.

11/20/2007 6:51:32 PM

Reviewer: vuillaume, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on Effexor XR (75mg / day) immediately from Citalopram. I went through severe side affects and was informed by a pharmacist I was in "seritonin syndrome" Was immediately put on 1/2 dosage and taken off all together in one week. I now suffer sever withdrawal symptoms related to that when I was put on it. Please review this drug closely before being on it. I wouldn't wish th ... Show Full Comment

11/20/2007 4:36:24 AM

Reviewer: angelskin, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
getting off this med has been horriable!!!! Also don't like side effects if you miss a dose. Dizzy and anxiety. Concider before taking

11/19/2007 4:32:32 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Effexor was the worst thing I've ever taken in my life. It did nothing for my depression, caused me to gain over 40lbs (which I had just recently lost), caused extreme diarrhea and vomitting, and made me emotionless. My fiance and I split up because I felt nothing. I was literally numb of emotions. I couldn't laugh or cry. I wasn't happy or sad. I was just there. I absolutely ha ... Show Full Comment

11/17/2007 1:16:51 PM

Reviewer: laneslate, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had the weird feelings if missed a dose. Also notice that it does make me feel somewhat paranoid and more edgy then past anti-deppressants.

11/17/2007 9:56:27 AM

Reviewer: GRANDMA50, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
EFFEXOR SHOULD BE PULLED FROM THE MARKET-VERY DANGEROUS DRUG. MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK 24 HRS A DAY. INDUCE PARANOIA AND PANIC ATTACKS WHICH LEFT WHEN I QUIT TAKING IT. EXTREME BRAIN SHIVERS AND VERTIGO FOR WEEKS AFTER I QUIT TAKING IT. BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO TAKE THIS DRUG.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture