Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR Oral.

11/21/2007 9:42:56 PM

Reviewer: passiontosing@comcast.net, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Effexor xr for almost a month. Depression has lessened, but mid afternoon I can feel myself getting drpressed. I am on 75MG. Do I need a higher dosage?

11/20/2007 7:53:31 PM

Reviewer: Lauren, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Effexor for a five years and was on Prozac for ten years prior to that. Effexor has done a great job for me although Prozac had less side affects. If a dose of Effexor is missed, the affects are felt more immediately and are unnerving; however, I am glad that I have had a medicine to keep me out of the dark hole of depression!

11/20/2007 6:51:32 PM

Reviewer: vuillaume, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on Effexor XR (75mg / day) immediately from Citalopram. I went through severe side affects and was informed by a pharmacist I was in "seritonin syndrome" Was immediately put on 1/2 dosage and taken off all together in one week. I now suffer sever withdrawal symptoms related to that when I was put on it. Please review this drug closely before being on it. I wouldn't wish th ... Show Full Comment

11/20/2007 4:36:24 AM

Reviewer: angelskin, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
getting off this med has been horriable!!!! Also don't like side effects if you miss a dose. Dizzy and anxiety. Concider before taking

11/19/2007 4:32:32 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Effexor was the worst thing I've ever taken in my life. It did nothing for my depression, caused me to gain over 40lbs (which I had just recently lost), caused extreme diarrhea and vomitting, and made me emotionless. My fiance and I split up because I felt nothing. I was literally numb of emotions. I couldn't laugh or cry. I wasn't happy or sad. I was just there. I absolutely ha ... Show Full Comment

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.