Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR oral.

11/21/2007 9:42:56 PM

Reviewer: passiontosing@comcast.net, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on Effexor xr for almost a month. Depression has lessened, but mid afternoon I can feel myself getting drpressed. I am on 75MG. Do I need a higher dosage?

11/20/2007 7:53:31 PM

Reviewer: Lauren, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on Effexor for a five years and was on Prozac for ten years prior to that. Effexor has done a great job for me although Prozac had less side affects. If a dose of Effexor is missed, the affects are felt more immediately and are unnerving; however, I am glad that I have had a medicine to keep me out of the dark hole of depression!

11/20/2007 6:51:32 PM

Reviewer: vuillaume, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was put on Effexor XR (75mg / day) immediately from Citalopram. I went through severe side affects and was informed by a pharmacist I was in "seritonin syndrome" Was immediately put on 1/2 dosage and taken off all together in one week. I now suffer sever withdrawal symptoms related to that when I was put on it. Please review this drug closely before being on it. I wouldn't wish th ... Show Full Comment

11/20/2007 4:36:24 AM

Reviewer: angelskin, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    getting off this med has been horriable!!!! Also don't like side effects if you miss a dose. Dizzy and anxiety. Concider before taking

11/19/2007 4:32:32 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Effexor was the worst thing I've ever taken in my life. It did nothing for my depression, caused me to gain over 40lbs (which I had just recently lost), caused extreme diarrhea and vomitting, and made me emotionless. My fiance and I split up because I felt nothing. I was literally numb of emotions. I couldn't laugh or cry. I wasn't happy or sad. I was just there. I absolutely ha ... Show Full Comment