Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR Oral.

10/30/2007 11:49:17 AM

Reviewer: Louie, Louie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
It made me not at all interesting in any sexual activity. Although, it helped me through some times when my son was in Bosnia, and irag I would not go back to using it again. I felt as though I had an attitude like "I don't give a darn".

10/29/2007 10:53:32 PM

Reviewer: Jessie S, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Effexor since having my third daughter April, 2004. I recently thought maybe I was feeling well enough to go off of the medication and decided to gradually taper off, but have experienced very, very bad withdrawls. I highly recommend not even starting this medication!! The dizziness is horrible. I have been on Prozac and Zoloft in the past and have never experienced withdrawl symp ... Show Full Comment

10/29/2007 1:16:37 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Worked wonders at first and dramatically helped me conquer depression. 3 years later, at 150 1x/day I think I may be needing more - little mini episodes come and some weekends I don't get out bed. Horrible brain fuzziness and withdrawal symptoms if I skip a dose. Other side effects I experience: night sweats, weight gain, decreased sex drive, loss of memory if you have even 1 alcoholic bever ... Show Full Comment

10/28/2007 8:54:30 PM

Reviewer: Teri302004, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
10/28/2007 4:45:01 AM

Reviewer: tuneful, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
i have been taking it about 4 years now and mostly notice a big difference when I forget to take it. It works best for me to take it early in the day - usu. with breakfast.