Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor XR Oral.

11/1/2007 8:06:19 PM

Reviewer: alm_kee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
11/1/2007 2:52:37 PM

Reviewer: day2day, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I slept all the time & just felt numb & emotionless. When I weaned myself off of it I couldn't sleep for several weeks & ended up delusional & in the hospital.

11/1/2007 1:15:49 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was with Major Depressive Disorder about 4 years ago. Had not slept for weeks and was loosing weight w/o trying. Within 3 weeks of taking Effexor much of the physical discomfort of anxiety was gone, and by 6 weeks my thinking and mood was greatly improved. I take 75mg a day and will decrease it to 37.5mg when I see the nurse practitioner.

10/31/2007 11:08:34 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
While this drug did help me with my depression, I did not like how sick I felt if I didn't take it pretty close to the same time every day. I don't like something having that strong of an effect on me. I would get headaches, nausea, sensativity to light, irritable, and short tempered. I have taken other anti-depressants and none of them have been like this.

10/31/2007 2:08:36 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor started me on a low dose which helped but did not help a lot. He then increased the dosage and I have done well on this medication. The only thing I dislike is the lack of emotions.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver