Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Inderal LA oral.

9/27/2009 4:40:10 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Migraine Prevention
3/2/2009 5:09:22 PM

Reviewer: Beloeil, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Inderal LA for 12 years now for chronic headaches/migraines. 160 mg (80 mg am and again pm). It changed my life! I now have very few headaches, and rarely migraines. I have no appreciable side effects at all, and am very happy. Side note, though - they tried my daughter on the same for the same reason, and it didn't work at all for her.

2/16/2009 12:30:37 PM

Reviewer: EForestier, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I used this medicine years ago as soon as I was old enough to be on prevention medicine. I was on 60 mg of the generic a day for years. In 2002, after Hurricane Lili, the generic was unavailable in my area and I went on Inderal. Not too long after, I began having worse headaches, so they increased to 120 mg a day. I took myself off after a few weeks of constant headaches with no relief, and my ... Show Full Comment

2/5/2009 12:11:23 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was started at 60mg 2Xday. The first week I was on it I overslept by more than an hour everyday, was so tired I was falling asleep at work, gained 5 lbs., and couldn't focus or accomplish anything. Trying to work out was impossible, I couldn't even climb stairs without having to sit down & I usually run the stairs 6 times a day! After 8 days Dr cut my dosage in half but I'm stil ... Show Full Comment

9/18/2008 12:09:59 AM

Reviewer: sprinter488, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have only taken 120 mg of this medication for about 1 month, but so far I've had more trouble sleeping and no noticeable decrease in frequency or severity of migraines...I suppose I will give it another month. I will update if it becomes more effective.

man rubbing painful knee