Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of bactrim oral.

10/15/2014 6:12:03 PM

Reviewer: britttt, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was on a ten day supply of Bactrim taking 2 tablets twice a day for an infected finger which was cut with a kitchen knife. Bactrim helped clear the infection within a couple days but on day 7 i started to develop a fever of 100.5 not too bad- then got chills and felt very fatigued on the 8th day i developed a rash which ended up being on my whole body head to toe. i went to ER not knowing what w ... Show Full Comment

7/3/2014 11:20:46 PM

Reviewer: flowergirl03, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
While weeding my garden, I received a bite from a nasty little spider. I didn't think much of it until a week later, when the place where it bit me was red, painful, and tripled in size. My Dr. said I had a staph infection, and prescribed Bactrim. I saw a big difference by the next evening! No more weeding without gloves for me, though.

6/15/2014 9:13:14 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Within 24 hours I developed a rash. Had no idea why until I looked this drug up several days into treatment. Rash is spreading all over my body. I stopped the drug immediately. The itching is horrible. I see y doctor tomorrow and will probably have to pay for more medication.

3/3/2014 7:01:54 PM

Reviewer: user92837, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a minor bacterial infection on my eyelid. My doctor prescribed a double dose of Bactrim twice a day for a week. It cleared the infection right up (no more itchy, swollen, painful eyelids) but then after four days I got a migraine. The fifth day I looked up and got dizzy and everything started to go dark but fine when I sat down immediately then another migraine that night. I was dizzy every ... Show Full Comment

12/19/2013 1:45:36 PM

Reviewer: a mother, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
This drug caused a major allergic reaction in my son that sent him to the hospital with hives over 95% of his body,swelling and bad headache. The condition that this medication was prescribed for also worsened. He ended up being in the hospital for five days.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture