Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of bactrim oral.

7/14/2013 5:05:31 PM

Reviewer: brady, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Lower back pain, rash, burning red skin, headaches, chills, achey all over. Pretty sure my kidneys were inflammed and swollen causing the back pain. It cleared up my infection quickly but the side effects were aweful. Would never consider taking this ever again.

1/27/2013 10:03:09 AM

Reviewer: franklyput, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this drug for 2 days. I stopped immediately when I started getting a headache, dizzy, and stomach aches. It didn't even remotely help my skin infection, probably because I couldn't take it for more than 2 days. Really horrible side effects. I do not recommend this drug at all.

11/13/2012 11:13:40 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed drug (10 days) for a skin infection. Within 4-5 days I developed mild headache that escalated to neck stiffness, loss of appetite, fatigue and other flu like symptons. Day eight I broke out in a severe rash with itching that was not responsive to benadryl recommended by pharmacist. MD advised to discontinue use and call if symptons did not improve. In hindsight, should have went d ... Show Full Comment

5/20/2012 4:18:05 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed Bactrim DS for an infection by a dermatologist. On the 8th day, I developed a rash on my face and felt like I was coming down with the flu. I noticed this before bed and was going to call the offoce in the morning. I woke up at 3 am with hematomas in my mouth. I went to the er and while there I developed petechiae all over my body. I was admitted to the hospital because my platele ... Show Full Comment

4/26/2012 8:21:14 AM

Reviewer: mrross44, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
ONE HOUR AFTER TAKING THE MEDICATION, I BROKE OUT IN CHILLS AND FEVER, AND RED EYES, STAYED IN BED FOR 3 DAYS TO RECUPERATE AND STILL HAVE NOT COMPLETELY RECOVERED.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.