Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of tetanus toxoid inj.

1-5 of 5
6/10/2011 2:48:26 PM

Reviewer: bluejay, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am assuming "effectiveness": I don't have tetanus. For "ease of use" I split the difference - how hard is it to sit and take an injection given by someone else? My case is different in that I believe the shot was ineptly administered, with the needle possibly penetrating the capsule of the shoulder joint. The site was extremely high on my arm. I even asked why he was plac ... Show Full Comment

10/25/2010 2:51:59 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I THINK ALL THREE PATIENTS HAD SEVERE ISSUES. LOL

8/25/2009 9:19:58 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I got this shot in my right arm 10 years ago. After my shot I now have been having severe pain at the injection site for over 10 years. I will have this pain the rest of my life. It hurts so bad that sometimes I cant even move my arm. I cant lift heavy things and I cant sleep on my arms without taking pain reliever. Dont take this shot. Not worth risking the mobility in your arms.

7/4/2009 3:42:54 AM

Reviewer: edbossman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am satisfied that I did not get lockjaw, but the side effects are rash all over extremities, chills, and sleeplessness (it is now 3:32 in the morning). I received the Tdap, perhaps I should have received the tetanus only, and received the diptheria and pertussis separately.

5/23/2009 8:41:01 AM

Reviewer: treysmom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The shot was required for a puncture wound. The side effects for me were like I had the flu. Fever, aching muscle pain, nausea, diarrhea and sleepiness. It has not been fun, I will never step on another nail!

1-5 of 5

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.