Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of intrauterine device IUD.

1/5/2010 9:29:48 PM

Reviewer: ibeka4u2, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had my iud for 3 years now, but my concern is I get migraines and they have gotten worse in the past year, to where I have had to miss work and being a single parent it doesn’t help either. I don’t have a period, just spotting for a day! I love that I don’t have to remember to take a pill everyday. I work at a hospital and in the 5 years ive been here I have only seen a few women had embedd ... Show Full Comment

12/11/2009 1:36:04 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Caregiver)

Comment:
    My experience while using the IUD has been great. I had it incerted when my lastchild was 6yrs. old and he is now 13. It will be removed once he turns 16.This will be the full 10yr span of the IUD. There are no side affects to this device, other than a change in bleeding while on your cycle(heavy,light or nothing.) I have been wearing a panty liner since the first year.

11/10/2009 12:53:23 AM

Reviewer: sarahf0712, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I had the device put in August of 2004 and in October of 2007 I had to be rushed in to emergency surgery. The IUD had poked through my uterus, causing my appendix to move down to cover the hole and this caused appendicitis. The Dr. told my husband that if I didnt go to the ER when i did I wouldnt have woke up the next morning. That is how bad the infection was.

8/26/2009 2:22:31 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had two different IUDs. The Mirena is an amazing way of birth control. I am wanting to get pregnant and I getting pregnant after taking it out is as easy as using the bc.

7/9/2009 6:53:08 PM

Reviewer: IUD Me, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I had my IUD put inserted in 2004, it was the best thing I ever did. Stopped the periods, would sometime show a little but not much. Plus no more remembering to take a pill each day. The insertion of the IUD is no problem, just a little cramping that was over super quick, removal was the same thing. Strongly suggest IUD for any women who doesn't want the worry or taking contraception.