Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Evista oral.

10/1/2008 10:36:23 AM

Reviewer: chattyb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I took this medication for two weeks. I started to get pain in my legs that gradually worked into bad leg cramps. I also got "charlie horses" in the morning. This drug is not worth the risks.

9/28/2008 8:54:58 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I WAS happy with Evista, no side effects the first year. After the second year, I began to have terrible foot pain and insomnia. Then, to my surprise, through a CT Scan for colon health, it was discovered that I have cysts, enlarging in 3 months, and fibroids. I NEVER had fibroids or any other problems in the fertile years, I am now 63. I wonder how many of us have cysts on the ovaries, which ... Show Full Comment

8/20/2008 12:50:01 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have taken Evista for 3 years and have severe cramping,swelling and pain in my back and legs.My Dr.says its caused by my diabetes,but after reading these reviews I'm not so sure!I think I'll stop for a couple of weeks and see if there is improvement.Thanks so much to all who have shared your experiences here.

8/6/2008 10:37:55 PM

Reviewer: Sandi, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on evista for 2 weeks my stomach is severely bloated,I feel like I'm starting to get depressed,having mood swings,feeling very tired,no energy,I had a hysterectomy at 37 and now have osteoporosis.My grandmother died from severe fractures of the spine due to osteoporosis,I don't want to suffer like she did but don't think I can live with these side affects! I will just have ... Show Full Comment

7/25/2008 6:52:02 AM

Reviewer: sc2ing, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This medicine caused me to have chest pain with a trip to the emergency room and a night stay in the hospital. Thinking I was having a heart attack. Turns out this medicine burned my esophagus and now I have ulcers. I am being treated for these ulcers now. This is one of the worst treatments for bone lose. DO NOT TAKE!

diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.