Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depo-Provera Contraceptive IM.

7/16/2008 1:54:55 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
I was on the Depo shot for 2 years before I had my last daughter and had no problems, no periods, no side effects at all. The only problem I saw was when I got off the shot it took 2 years for my body to get back to normal, to have a period and to get pregnant. I'm getting back on the shot this week.

7/8/2008 7:26:12 PM

Reviewer: ladybug, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
1st shot May 2008, it's been down hill since then. Hair loss,MOOD CHANGES,depression,tiredness,nervousness,NO SEX DRIVE AT ALL :( I don't recommend

7/1/2008 5:27:48 PM

Reviewer: kitty_deville, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
i gained a TON of weight on this medication. i really like being on it thought. the side effects are very low and my mood swings stabelized. i went off of it for 2 years and i felt like i was going crazy on other forms of birth control. this is the best medication for me!

6/30/2008 12:21:57 PM

Reviewer: newby05, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on the depo shot for 3+ years. I have now been off of it for 2 months and the last 2 weeks have been awful, by breasts are super tender, it hurts to have my shirt rub aginst them. Also I have had mild to severe cramping, but no menstral cycle yet. I also gained 15-20 lbs in the the that time, the weight did not start to show until I was about 1 1/2 years into the shot, I went up 2 sizes. ... Show Full Comment

6/27/2008 4:13:42 AM

Reviewer: jebranscome, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I wish I never would have gotten this. It took me about 9 months of being on it to realize that it was causing me to be depressed and really emotional and moody. Also I have had a steady period for about 4 months now. Since I have been on it for 9 months, I didnt understand why all of the sudden I had a period that still has not gone away. I cant wait till this crap wears off and I will NEVER ... Show Full Comment

Does your kid have symptoms?