Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depo-Provera Contraceptive IM.

3/10/2008 11:18:31 AM

Reviewer: KLisle, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
DO NOT GET THE SHOT!!! I got it a week ago and not even 7 hrs later I began experiencing stiffness and pain in the joints of my hands and arms. About 1:30 in the morning I woke my husband up crying because I litterally could not move! The weight of the sheets on my upper body was causing extreme pain! I couldn't lift my head off the pillow or roll over on to my side. It took us close to 20 min ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2008 4:09:24 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

2/28/2008 7:25:11 AM

Reviewer: liverma, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
what is the medical answer for this question. How frequent should you have a bone density test while on the depo. My only bone scan was done 8 years ago. I am now 45. I fired my gyno because I felt betrayed by not having an additional bone density scan. I have a liver disease. I stopped the depo. I'm looking for the legal answer to my question.

2/19/2008 10:11:25 PM

Reviewer: gradydog, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking the Depo shot for over 8 years now and haven't had too many side effects. I get a bad headache 2 weeks after the shot and 2 weeks before I'm due. The last "period" I had was 4 years ago and it only lasted a day and it was very light. I love not having a monthly cycle and I get it at my local health department. I think that the staff there has been 150% honest ... Show Full Comment

2/16/2008 2:21:02 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on the shot for 12 years and have loved it. I have had no negative side effects. I recently discontinued the shot and am wondering if anyone else has had any problems/side effects when they have stopped taking it?