Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depo-Provera Contraceptive IM.

2/3/2008 3:32:53 PM

Reviewer: KOS, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on depo provera for 3 years now. I lost a total of 40 pounds using this birth control method. I also want to state that it has been very easy for me to use and very effective.

1/30/2008 3:01:05 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Depo for 3 years now and it's been a agreat experience. I started it because I had out of control pain during periods to the point it was interefering with my job and over-all life. I have had no side-effects and my periods stopped as soon as I had the first shot with no spotting or break through bleeding. Reading other reviews it sounds like I'm very lucky. There is a few h ... Show Full Comment

1/28/2008 8:05:02 PM

Comment:
I got my first depo shot a month after the birth of my daughter. Two days later I started bleeding and kept on for two weeks. I gained five pounds in three months. My hair was falling out. My daughter is now seven month old. I have only had one light period since then. Since getting the shot, I have generally not felt too good and wouldn't recommend it to others.

1/17/2008 10:23:50 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Once you have had your first shot, what is the wait time for it to become effective.

1/11/2008 2:46:54 AM

Reviewer: Magdalena, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Depo now for 5+ yrs now and I have had a few spotting incidents but besides that no scares no babies Im just scared that when me and my bf of 3yrs plan on having a child we will not be able too. besides that I love it

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.