Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of chlorhexidine gluconate MM.

4/23/2010 4:28:04 PM

Reviewer: LJDunlap, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Chlorhexidine Gluconate under the brand name Chloraprep was used on my skin prior to a surgical procedure to prevent infection. I've had a severe allergic reaction to it, with hives, rash, itching, redness, etc. covering the sites where Chloraprep was swabbed. There is no sign of infection, but the rash is awful!

9/5/2009 3:38:26 PM

Reviewer: kathie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had mouth and tongue sores for over 2 years. Many tests were negative for anything. I realized tarter had been a problem for about as long as the sores. So I went on line looking up tarter problems and discovered what I thought I might have--dry mouth. I got a prescription for Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash and my tarter and my sores are now under control. I am so relieved. I still ... Show Full Comment

3/22/2009 2:36:39 PM

Reviewer: jimcanada05, 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was originally perscribed CHX to reduce tonsil infections (removing them is less popular these days). I also bite the inside of my mouth when anxious. With the rinse all the sores in my mouth disapeared over nite. Q: CAN IT REALLY STAIN YOUR TEETH BLACK?

12/2/2008 2:23:50 PM

Reviewer: tangogirl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this after a dental surgery. Within a week I was experiencing dry mouth and tong, irritated gums and tong, mouth sores, dry and irritated red lips and partial loss of taste. The side effects were outweighing the benefit. I discussed this with my dentist and he will prescribe a different oral rinse.

10/1/2008 6:23:49 PM

Reviewer: Lulu, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this rinse after dental surgery, when I was unable to brush all of my teeth, while my gum was healing. The taste is very strong. It did seem to kill anything that might be living in the mouth. After about 4 days of use, I noticed a brown coating and rough raw texture on my tongue. This has become bothersome. It is also affecting my taste. I hope to see if the dentist can recomm ... Show Full Comment