Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zomig oral.

4/17/2015 11:16:32 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
For years I went without knowing my headaches were migraines because I was told that if Imetrix didn't work it wasn't migraines. That was since resolved. Been using the Zomig for more than 10 years now. Very sad because my insurance took it off their medication list. Back at finding a replacement that works and still lets me function.

2/7/2015 3:38:00 AM

Reviewer: Bbp, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had migraines for many years. I tried everything, off the shelves and prescribed. Zomig is the only thing that ever worked for me... but it's so expensive!!! Many years later, I discover that Taurine was the solution for me. Way cheaper and a lot more effective (5 minutes instead of 30 minutes). Also, Taurine is not a drug, it's a natural sulfonic acid.

9/11/2014 9:50:08 PM

Reviewer: janb, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
My insurance company grams this stuff out like crack, I assume because it's so expensive. I've had frequent migraines for about 20 years now and Zomig has been the only thing that works. The only time it didn't work was when my headache was actually meningitis. Otherwise I can count on the migraine being gone within 2 hours. Depending on how far into the migraine I am when I take i ... Show Full Comment

8/14/2014 12:32:24 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had debilitating migraines since my early 20s and tried everything including Imitrex without benefit. Finally was prescribed Zomig which will knock them out in about 30 minutes. What i like about this drug is that is can be taken at any time during the migraine where as the most of the other medications must be taken at the first sign of a migraine. As I have gotten older my migraines ha ... Show Full Comment

8/11/2014 6:41:09 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I suffered from classic migraine since I was 12. I tried all of the medications offered through the years with only some relief. In 1997 my doctor prescribed Zomig for me, and I found the magic bullet. It is the only thing that will kill a migraine in the process of happening and, for me, no lingering after affects. I still get a little of the "disorientation" you get the day after, bu ... Show Full Comment