Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Propecia Oral.

7/13/2012 12:59:54 AM

Reviewer: Nick A., 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I heard on NBC news tonight (12 July 2012) that a number of men have experienced ED during and long after taking this medication: I have had the same experience, and I thought it was merely my age or something undetermined. It never occurred to me that my extended ED might have been caused by Propecia. I stopped taking it a long time ago now, but I continue to have significant problems with ED.

1/20/2012 10:36:11 PM

Reviewer: DH, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was 25 when I started the medicine -- while certainly I didn't regrow a full head of hair, a layer enough to cover all empty areas grew back. Unfortunately, I am one that had serious ED as a side effect. I just stopped taking and am hoping I am not one of the permanent ED cases of long-term Propecia users.

2/27/2011 8:27:52 PM

Reviewer: jevz, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take Finasteride 5mg daily for BPH. Was suprised to find that it supposedly treats hair loss. I'm losing my hair, but I'm also 65 years young. Have noticed decrease in semen but no hair gain that I can see. I've noticed other reviewers state that the drug is expensive. I get the 5mg tablets for $10.50 for a 90 day supply through my insurance companies mail order pharmacy. So guys, ch ... Show Full Comment

11/29/2010 10:32:54 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
reduced semen

10/7/2010 9:08:37 PM

Reviewer: YoungSir, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am in my mid twenties and began taking propecia for hair loss; it killed my sex drive and made it impossible for me to get an erection. My doctor didn't inform me these side effects could be permanent; luckily I discontinued the drug before it was too late. My hair is not worth losing my sexual desire and ability for.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.