Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Propecia oral.

5/12/2013 3:17:51 PM

Reviewer: upset, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have taken propecia for over 10 years. I then found out propecia is finestaride. So I started saving money by buying finestaride instead. Anyway, they work great for the hair, but after noticing my ED and other sexual related issues,I started to look into my medications,and there it was "POW" All of my sexual side effects are directly related to "PROPECIA". Please ,if you are ... Show Full Comment

1/28/2013 4:44:40 PM

Reviewer: wtx, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    This drug helped really well with my hair loss. Within 2 months I noticed a signifigant increase in the thickness of my hair. But I developed the most HORRIBLE acne on my face. I had the skin of a 13 year old hormonal boy. After stopping the drug within 2 weeks my skin was completely clear. Also, I had difficulties with maintaining an erection which also resolved after discontinuing the use of Pro ... Show Full Comment

7/15/2012 7:03:35 PM

Reviewer: GrayLeft, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I've taken this drug for 20+ years. It stopped the onslaught of hair loss pretty quickly for me but I never regrew what I already lost. HOWEVER, my libido is practially non-existent and the amount of semen I now produce is down to a mere dribble. I'm concerned these may be permanent but I'm also fearful that if I stop taking it, I'll be bald in no time.

7/13/2012 12:59:54 AM

Reviewer: Nick A., 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I heard on NBC news tonight (12 July 2012) that a number of men have experienced ED during and long after taking this medication: I have had the same experience, and I thought it was merely my age or something undetermined. It never occurred to me that my extended ED might have been caused by Propecia. I stopped taking it a long time ago now, but I continue to have significant problems with ED.

1/20/2012 10:36:11 PM

Reviewer: DH, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I was 25 when I started the medicine -- while certainly I didn't regrow a full head of hair, a layer enough to cover all empty areas grew back. Unfortunately, I am one that had serious ED as a side effect. I just stopped taking and am hoping I am not one of the permanent ED cases of long-term Propecia users.