Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of propecia.

1/28/2013 4:44:40 PM

Reviewer: wtx, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug helped really well with my hair loss. Within 2 months I noticed a signifigant increase in the thickness of my hair. But I developed the most HORRIBLE acne on my face. I had the skin of a 13 year old hormonal boy. After stopping the drug within 2 weeks my skin was completely clear. Also, I had difficulties with maintaining an erection which also resolved after discontinuing the use of Pro ... Show Full Comment

7/15/2012 7:03:35 PM

Reviewer: GrayLeft, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've taken this drug for 20+ years. It stopped the onslaught of hair loss pretty quickly for me but I never regrew what I already lost. HOWEVER, my libido is practially non-existent and the amount of semen I now produce is down to a mere dribble. I'm concerned these may be permanent but I'm also fearful that if I stop taking it, I'll be bald in no time.

7/13/2012 12:59:54 AM

Reviewer: Nick A., 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I heard on NBC news tonight (12 July 2012) that a number of men have experienced ED during and long after taking this medication: I have had the same experience, and I thought it was merely my age or something undetermined. It never occurred to me that my extended ED might have been caused by Propecia. I stopped taking it a long time ago now, but I continue to have significant problems with ED.

1/20/2012 10:36:11 PM

Reviewer: DH, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was 25 when I started the medicine -- while certainly I didn't regrow a full head of hair, a layer enough to cover all empty areas grew back. Unfortunately, I am one that had serious ED as a side effect. I just stopped taking and am hoping I am not one of the permanent ED cases of long-term Propecia users.

2/27/2011 8:27:52 PM

Reviewer: jevz, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take Finasteride 5mg daily for BPH. Was suprised to find that it supposedly treats hair loss. I'm losing my hair, but I'm also 65 years young. Have noticed decrease in semen but no hair gain that I can see. I've noticed other reviewers state that the drug is expensive. I get the 5mg tablets for $10.50 for a 90 day supply through my insurance companies mail order pharmacy. So guys, ch ... Show Full Comment

sore foot
3 warning signs.
mature woman holding fan in face
Symptoms and treatments.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver
What puts you at risk?
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.