Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine oral.

2/25/2013 11:14:32 AM

Reviewer: Itchy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this drug for 6 days and ended up in the Emergency room with swollen tongue, raw and blistered mouth and whole body rash. I was in the hospital for 3 days and had the burning pealing sking rash for 16 days! This is drug stinks!

8/2/2012 4:57:50 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My rheumatologist wanted to see if I had Juv. RA even though my blood test was negative. I have been on the med for over a month and I honestly don't feel much different. The first day I took it, my knees felt great. After that, everything went back to normal. I don't even know if I have Juv RA...My appetite has decreased significantly, and when I do manage to eat I almost vomit. My sleepi ... Show Full Comment

5/14/2012 2:08:07 PM

Reviewer: blgil, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this for RA for two years and feel like it was my lifeline. Without it I can't hold a coffee cup due to severe pain in my hands. I have had no side effects and have my eyes checked every 6 months with no problems. I read all the side effects possible and didn't want to take it but am so glad I did. My Dr. said give it a try for a couple months and I'm so grateful for th ... Show Full Comment

5/11/2012 5:00:02 PM

Reviewer: margie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
on it for 2 months along with prednisolone and methotrexate. no further improvement with its introduction but have already had a severe infection any relation?

4/18/2012 4:08:19 PM

Reviewer: amt, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this for 12 years. Had yearly eye examines however last 6 months notice vision problems. My eye doctor made me stop taking immediately. Has done some damage to eyes. I'm on Methotraxrate has help with less flareups.