Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Meridia Oral.

8/7/2014 9:58:33 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had been taking Meridia for about a year when it was pulled from the market. When I began treatment, I weighed nearly 300 lbs. I was depressed and my total cholesterol was nearly 400! With Meridia, i was able to lose 120 lbs!!! I felt wonderful, no side effects. The constant cravings were gone, and I was able to eat sensibly. Food was no longer my constant obsession. My MD called me his " M ... Show Full Comment

5/10/2014 8:28:30 PM

Reviewer: Tried it once, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
this medication was great at suppressing appetite. I did not have any cravings at all. I felt full with small to moderate amount of food. I stopped taking it because I started feeling quite depressed due to the meds. I was losing weight, but was becoming depressed. I felt the trade off was not worth it. Every responds differently to medication, so each person will have to try the med and deter ... Show Full Comment

4/19/2013 5:22:44 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Overweight
4/21/2012 5:03:16 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I lost 32 lbs. in the 6 months I was on Meridia. The only side effect I had was dry mouth, and that encouraged me to drink more water. I am so upset that they pulled this off the US/CA markets. My dr. had me do an echo. of my heart before starting this medication as well as weekly blood pressure checks at first and then monthly.

11/14/2010 11:33:40 PM

Reviewer: hopeful, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking Meridia for 2 months, lost 12 pds. Was happy with weight loss, no problems only to find out they are recalling it. Does anyone know another prescrption that can be taken in place of Meridia? I go to the dr in January, I just hope I don't gain the weight back !!

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice