Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of meridia oral.

5/10/2014 8:28:30 PM

Reviewer: Tried it once, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
this medication was great at suppressing appetite. I did not have any cravings at all. I felt full with small to moderate amount of food. I stopped taking it because I started feeling quite depressed due to the meds. I was losing weight, but was becoming depressed. I felt the trade off was not worth it. Every responds differently to medication, so each person will have to try the med and deter ... Show Full Comment

4/19/2013 5:22:44 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Overweight
4/21/2012 5:03:16 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I lost 32 lbs. in the 6 months I was on Meridia. The only side effect I had was dry mouth, and that encouraged me to drink more water. I am so upset that they pulled this off the US/CA markets. My dr. had me do an echo. of my heart before starting this medication as well as weekly blood pressure checks at first and then monthly.

11/14/2010 11:33:40 PM

Reviewer: hopeful, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking Meridia for 2 months, lost 12 pds. Was happy with weight loss, no problems only to find out they are recalling it. Does anyone know another prescrption that can be taken in place of Meridia? I go to the dr in January, I just hope I don't gain the weight back !!

10/5/2010 6:47:08 PM

Reviewer: 34@35, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking 10 mg of Meridia daily in conjunction with increased exercise and better food choices. It has been extremely effective for me. I lost 120 lbs between Nov 2008 & Mar 2010 and have maintained my current weight of 175 lbs since. My doctor is currently weaning me from the Meridia and I am now taking it only 3 times per week and not experiencing any weight gain or increased hu ... Show Full Comment