Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pneumovax 23 injection.

11/1/2015 12:42:21 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
OMG! The injection site is SOOOOOOOO painful and I regret getting the vaccine!

10/25/2015 3:33:40 PM

Reviewer: boomerchloe, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I am 50 and have asthma, so was offered the P23 shot. WOW, I wish I had said no. I got the shot at 7am on 10/22, and within 8 hours I began running a fever of over 100 degrees, sore throat, sniffles and my arm was in SEVERE pain. Three days later I am feeling a little better, but arm is still really sore. I probably would not recommend this shot.

10/20/2015 9:40:43 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Extreme arm pain!! Feels broken, can't hardly move it. Got the flu shot in the other arm and no pain, for reference. This is too much.

10/19/2015 9:17:29 AM

Reviewer: Layla, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have chronic bronchitis and moderate COPD. I received the 1st shot at age 55. Rec'd the 2nd shot at age 60. The first shot had left the shot sight painful. This shot... I can't even describe the pain and level of illness I felt within 12 hours.

10/13/2015 2:14:35 AM

Reviewer: Jeany bynum, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have SEVERE pain in my arm because of the shot and I got it earlier today. I cannot lift my arm above my head and I nearly broke out into tears when I had to remove my shirt to change into pajamas. The area of the shot is hot to the touch, swollen, and painful and is even shooting a sharp pain down into the area where my armpit is. I can't even lay on my right side because the pain is un ... Show Full Comment