Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pneumovax 23 injection.

10/13/2015 2:14:35 AM

Reviewer: Jeany bynum, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have SEVERE pain in my arm because of the shot and I got it earlier today. I cannot lift my arm above my head and I nearly broke out into tears when I had to remove my shirt to change into pajamas. The area of the shot is hot to the touch, swollen, and painful and is even shooting a sharp pain down into the area where my armpit is. I can't even lay on my right side because the pain is un ... Show Full Comment

10/10/2015 10:02:55 AM

Reviewer: Joe, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Very, very SEVERE arm pain!!! I've been shot in the Vietnam War but the bullet was way less painful than this!!

9/24/2015 3:36:47 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I got pneumonia and have never been so sick in my entire life, and I am almost 61 yrs old. Decided to get the pneumonia vaccine to hopefully stave off every having pneumonia again. My arm woke me up from a sound sleep very, very sore. It feels like I was kicked in the arm by a horse. Did some research as I never have issues with vaccines, and found this page. HOPEFULLY this is as bad as it ge ... Show Full Comment

9/18/2015 7:05:20 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My wife and I both had the injection the same day. Within 2 hours the arm pain began. For 7 days both of us were in severe pain and basically could not use our arms. Finally after 10 days, the pain subsided.

8/18/2015 9:26:04 PM

Reviewer: Sirg0rd, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Appx 48 hrs after vaccination ...low grade fever and arthralgia... after72 hrs, nasal congestion,cough and low grade fever... flu like symptoms persist after day 3. Very uncomfortable, arthralgia predominant.