Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of bromocriptine Oral.

5/14/2008 6:00:24 PM

Reviewer: Concerned, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this drug since 2005. I had the usual side effects (SEVERE headaches, nausea,dry mouth). I am currently taking 7.5mg per day. Sometimes I forget a dose but nothing happens. My only problem with this drug is I have been trying to get pregnant for over a month and nothing is happening. I have not seen my period since trying to conceive but pregnancy test is negative. I will give an u ... Show Full Comment

4/23/2008 5:04:34 PM

Reviewer: Not liking the brain tumor, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
OK - It's now been a month on this drug and now taking 5mg per day. Everyday common side effects are still sleeplessnes, dizziness, fatigue, achy body/joints, headaches. No reduction in prolactin levels yet. Still no period. Ocassional side effects are upset stomach or nausea, constipation or diarrhea. = (

4/12/2008 12:01:21 AM

Reviewer: Jessica, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for over 5 years, due to a prolactinoma. I currently take 7.5 mg and my prolactin levels have been around 30. I had the surgery in 1999 and was back on the bromocriptine within 2 months. I often feel nauseaus throughout the day and dizzy. I have learned to eat just before bed and take an acid reducer daily to try and limit vomitting. I have also had problems wit ... Show Full Comment

4/4/2008 2:35:09 PM

Reviewer: Not liking the brain tumor, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've only been on this for 1.5 weeks. I'm on the lowest dose of 2.5 mg for now. Dr. will increase in a couple of weeks I think. LOTS of headaches, some dizziness, sleepless nights, fatigue, not too much nausea at all. I'm also experiencing pain in my joints...anyone else having that? Too early to tell the effectivness. I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

4/1/2008 2:38:12 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My prolatin level was in the range of 79 after using bromocriptine for 3 months its down to <10. I've had no dizzeines, no headaches, no nausa. But I have blurred vision constantly, maybe from tumor. Dr. says this is very unusual for this drug to cause this. Has anyone else experienced this side effect?