Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methotrexate sodium Inj.

3/29/2014 4:58:53 AM

Reviewer: shellymae3, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking 1ml sq weekly w/Enbrel (tried Remicade, Arava, Humira, Actemra always go back to Enbrel) for around 13 yrs., first in pill form then switched to injectable in 2006. According to my Dr., the injectable is "absorbed" 20% better than pill(my RA has been pretty severe most of the 14 yrs. I've had it). It does help me somewhat, but I'm starting to feel some side e ... Show Full Comment

1/23/2014 3:57:54 PM

Reviewer: Ahyde, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Within an hour of the injection I feel weak and nausea. The next day I am bedridden with severe abdominal pain and my nausea is worse. I quit taking methotrexate once and I felt great. My doctor advised me to stay on this drug since I can't take meds for inflammation.

6/29/2013 4:26:26 PM

Reviewer: damselhawk, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
have only been on med for 5 weeks.

5/21/2013 1:34:31 AM

Reviewer: Cealnewman, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I think I am having side affects from this medicine. I have blood in my stool and urine I had a EDG-colonoscopy and they found abnormal mucosa in the stomach compatible with gastritis,diverticulosis of the descending colon mass in the cecum the mass was a lipoma they biopsy everything. I am having test on the tenth of June they are going to scope my bladder and do a CT of my kidney and now I am ha ... Show Full Comment

7/7/2012 2:45:14 PM

Reviewer: robin0057@aol.com, Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
since the oral meds was making me very sick, I was willing to give the injection a try. Once I got over the ease of the needles, it's been the easiest meds I have ever taken. It does not hurt at all,and is is sometimes trouble to get because companys have a shortage of making the drug. I always hve extra,so if they run out I have enough for a few extra months.