Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methotrexate sodium inj.

10/27/2010 12:45:42 AM

Reviewer: vcowan329, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been taking the pills for almost 2 1/2 years. With very little results the pain was just a constint thing. Most days I just wanted to stay in bed I hurt so much. I talked to my Dr about changing to injectable and she thought it would be a good idea. I have only been taking it for about a month now and am so happy with the results. I am stiff in the morning but after a shower I feel grea ... Show Full Comment

9/21/2010 11:23:42 AM

Reviewer: Erawin2008, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
hair loss, nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite (not bad thing I guess, I'm overweight anyways). I still have pain and swelling in my left hand. Very little flare ups, so far. Much of the pain and swelling is gone. I've been on the weekly shots for 5 weeks.

6/14/2010 11:12:58 PM

Reviewer: spccc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Methotrexate injections for two months now and having the best results ever. I feel so much better and can do so many more activities than before, I have no pain in all my joints and what a relief.

6/4/2010 5:10:49 PM

Reviewer: robbie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with RA over 12 years ago. I've been injecting methotrexate for several years. I take ibuprophen and Tramedol for inflammation and pain. I also supplement with folic acid and Vit D. I have my liver function tested on a regular schedule and have been very satisfied with the way my deterioration has slowed almost to a stop. I am very active and healthy!

9/25/2008 1:46:05 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Was on pills for 2 years and now on injections for almost 1 year. The usual minor side effects with both pill/injections, but I feel great and have been pain free the entire time I've been on this. Have had to increase my folic acid due to mouth sores. Have found that taking Biotin daily really helps with the hair thinning/loss! Take care all!

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.