Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benadryl Oral.

11/26/2010 9:27:51 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been using this ocassionally since I am afraid of becoming dependent. I didn't know that Tylenol PM is benadryl. I've been told that older persons should not use benadryl. I've taken Ambien which gave me frightening side-effects, so I don't know what to take to get a good nights rest. Also I'm experiencing a terrible rash on my neck and chest. Has anyone else experi ... Show Full Comment

10/7/2010 10:38:49 AM

Reviewer: badmedicine, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this medicine about 3 years ago to help me sleep,which it does do that but, I cannot sleep without it.So yes it can be habit forming. A couple side effects of long term use of this medicine in males is ED and bloody bowel movements. So people please be careful!

9/11/2010 7:06:05 PM

Comment:

Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping
8/7/2010 2:45:57 PM

Reviewer: Cassandra09231d, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I work 12 hr. swing shifts (7am-7pm one week, 7pm-7am the next) and there are times, especially when switching cycles, that I can not sleep easily. I like to take benadryl because it helps me to sleep, and I don't wake up feeling lethargic like I would on some other meds. That is a very important thing to someone who operates dangerous machinery!

8/1/2010 9:47:58 PM

Reviewer: Lenny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
Although Benadryl was great at helping me sleep better,I started having horrendous nightmares which stopped when I quit the drug!