Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lithium Carbonate Oral.

7/19/2008 7:36:45 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Easier transition than with other prescriptions I have been prescribed. Less side-effects

7/11/2008 10:43:26 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug works great for me in the winter, when I get severely depressed. I get some side effects such as weight gain, loss of creativity (I'm a painter) and acne, but during spring/summer/fall I don't have to be on it. You have to really listen to your body and know when you're taking too much and drink a ton of water.

7/2/2008 8:47:34 AM

Reviewer: blw59, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Lithium for a litle over one year. I also take Lamictal and Zoloft. The only side effect I have is thirst. I took several other medications before starting Lithium. A few of the other drugs didn't help me and with a few I had bad side effects. Lithium has really improved my mind and it keeps me stable. I feel great now.

6/30/2008 7:31:21 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 (Patient)

Comment:
I've tried other meds to treat this condition and nothing worked. I've been on Lithobid two different times (I discontinued it when pregnant and started again post partum). The first time, my therapeutic dose made me feel numb, but better than I was prior to when it was prescribed to me. The dosage was somewhat high. Currently, the second time around, my Lithobid dose was cut in half and a ... Show Full Comment

6/20/2008 7:36:44 PM

Reviewer: quadridertn, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Been on Lithium 300mg TID for over a couple of weeks.. I'm not angry anymore but I'm so tired I can barely move.. I liked being manic way better cause I could get stuff done where as now I can't do anything. My tummy hurts bad, stay nauseated and my head hurts.. Can't get ahold of my case manager to see if I need an adjustment so I guess I suffer until she calls...