Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lithium carbonate Oral.

2/1/2008 4:00:39 PM

Reviewer: DISKY, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
I'm glad to see so many people have had a positive experience with this drug. However, my 16 year old bipolar son, was given this drug & within 2 weeks of starting the med he developed one of the worst cases of cystic acne we have ever seen including his dr. He is virtually disfigured! Even after stopping the med the acne did not stop. Prior to the introduction of Lithium he had a usual pi ... Show Full Comment

1/10/2008 3:29:25 PM

Reviewer: wvugirl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has done wonders for my depression. I was a mess and it did not kick me into a manic tailspin. But the side effects are what's killing me. I am having the severe dry mouth and the frequent urination. I am not having the weight gain, because I can't eat. I am sick at my tummy all the time. I am sick from the time I get up until the time I go to bed and then some. I have the ... Show Full Comment

12/29/2007 8:03:02 PM

Reviewer: michiganfforlife, 13-18 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
this med took me out of a deep hole in life. i was scared of ppl tring to kill me even my own family. but i am only 13 so this med got me out of the hospital 2 times thankyou very much lithium.

12/21/2007 4:40:21 PM

Reviewer: michlkidd, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
both my 13 year old son and i have bipolar and have been on lithium for a while. it helped my son alot. he isnt as angry as before. i dont have as many mood swings as before. i wasnt diagnoesed until i was 29. it was a long hard road. i hope early diagnosis for my son will help him better understand his life and control his emotions.

12/17/2007 11:19:20 PM

Reviewer: baby, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was on a very low dose to start and after only 4 nights of taking it I woke up one morning unable to move, all my joints in my body were stiff and I was in a lot of pain. Could not walk for a day or move my head at all. Took a week to go away after stopping the med. I emotionally felt okay but awful awful side effect.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.