Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mercaptopurine Oral.

3/22/2008 11:50:04 PM

Reviewer: Ladyanne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have fought UC for many years not knowing that I had it. Dx in 2004 following a scope. No flares until 2007. Am now on Asacol and 6MP with some minor improvement. I still cannot go to the office as the restroom is too far from my desk. Tried the steroids, which worked, however, side effects were not worth the results. Has anyone who is on 6mp suffered with hair loss? I used to have very ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2008 12:33:41 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
1/30/2008 11:00:57 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had Crohns disease for approx 5 years now. I went through so many medications before finding a doctor who offered this one. Miracle Drug! I have had little to now flare ups since switching to this one and my condition has been stable. I hope they find a cure one day but until then- this drug makes me feel as normal as possible- I can function like normal again and not be keeled over in pain ... Show Full Comment

1/15/2008 7:52:19 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
son with crohn's since 9 yo.c/o pressure in throat, tired,while on 6 mp, helps with stomache aches, less frequency of severe bouts of disease

1/14/2008 3:06:51 PM

Reviewer: neer61, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
so far no side effects, but also so far no relief. I have Severe Ulcerative Colitis and Ulcerative Proctitis. I take the seriods with it, and I seem to get the moon pie face, but I havent gained wieght, so that is good for me. Has anyone had great luck with this? Or is surgery goine to be my only other option? I have had this disease for 19yrs now, and I am tired of it.