Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of tetracycline Oral.

6/5/2009 11:42:10 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medication for about a month. My acne decreased and everything was fine. However a month in it broke me out in humongous clusters of whelts over my entire body. I was forced to take steroids to counteract the reaction. I would reccomend you take it at your own risk.

4/2/2009 12:10:18 AM

Reviewer: gonZ., 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Tetracycline was not very effective for me. I though i was starting to see some change in my skin but the break out came right back.

1/5/2009 3:51:51 PM

Reviewer: michelle86, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication did not work and was a pain to take. I had to take this pill 3 times a day, not within an hour of dairy or 30 min of laying down. At first I thought this medication was helping but then my body got use to the drug and started breaking out again.

9/30/2008 3:46:22 PM

Reviewer: number5, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I first took tetracycline when I was 14 and it worked perfectly but my parents made me cease taking it due to a significant loss of weight (have to take it on an empty stomach plus it made me lose my appetite). I gained my weight back really slowly and the acne came back within 6 months. So now I'm 19 and have decided to take it again. In the beginning I took it on an empty stomach and my ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2008 3:54:05 PM

Reviewer: effected by acne, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My dermatologist stated that it may take up to 3 months for this medication to be effective. However, I began getting these large and painful sores on my face after about 5 weeks. I tried to keep taking it hoping that it would go away (I really wanted something to help my acne) and it did not go away. Since stopping this medication they are gone but I still have bumps in my skin where they whe ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.