Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of permethrin topical.

4/7/2009 12:20:24 AM

Reviewer: superitchymeeehhh..., 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
I am a nurse who developed four spots of red itchy dots on my left inner forearm. I found out that my other co-workers complained of the same rash and theirs were worse than mine. I got treated w/ permethrine right after I discovered that it is scabies. However, 3-4 days after treatment my rash got worse-they spread everywhere. almost everyday I re-apply the cream after my 12 hr. application. I a ... Show Full Comment

3/12/2009 5:23:10 PM

Reviewer: dane, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am using this once a week for 3 weeks and I still have tracks and pain. I am going to stop and use natural meds in one week if it I am not bug free.

2/20/2009 8:41:57 PM

Reviewer: lueann, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Must have caught it from one of the children at school(wish i knew which one).Got very paranoid to keep an extra watch on all the children for any suspected itching or scratching..No one appeared to have any symptoms.Don't know where i caught it from. But this medicine burned like the "dickens" took a total of 2 days to get rid off..worked well for me...and i have been itch free for ... Show Full Comment

2/8/2009 9:05:19 PM

Reviewer: dydrm4cody, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
I work in a long term care nursing facility where I picked up the scabies from a patient. Fortunatly the patients daughter gave me a heads up that her mother was being treated for scabies and told me to be careful. Otherwise, I would have had no idea why I was itching so badly later on especially all over the back of both hands. Because I instruct physical therapy I had been helping her mother ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2009 6:40:17 PM

Reviewer: 12m0km, 0-2 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
Our family Doctor proscribed thinking the rash my daughter had was scabies but no other family member had symtoms well turns out my daughter was allergic to milk products again, well this meds gave her a red rash all over that lasted for 10 days what a mess, to cause little one so much itching and pain for nothing so I recommend making sure your youngester has scabbies before using.